- Pad LC-19 ()
- Titan-II (12)
- James A. Lovell Jr., Commander
- Edwin E. Aldrin, Pilot
- L. Gordon Cooper, Jr.
- Eugene A. Cernan
- Stuart A. Roosa (Cape)
- Charles Conrad Jr. (Houston)
- William A. Anders (Houston)
- Gemini-XII capsule
- Primary object was rendezvous and docking and to evaluate EVA. Secondary
objective included: Tethered vehicle operation, perform 14 experiments,
rendezvous and dock in 3rd revolution, demonstrate automatic reentry,
perform docked maneuvers, practice docking, conduct system tests and to
park Gemini Agena target vehicle GATV-12 in 555.6 km (300nm) orbit.
- Nov 11, 1966 3:46:33.419 pm EST.
- Altitude: 301.3km (162.7nm)
- Inclination: 28.78 degrees
- Orbits: 59
- Duration: 3 Days, 22 hours, 34 min, 31 seconds
- Distance: km
- Nov 15, 1966. Landed at 24deg 35min North 69deg 57min West.
Miss distance was 4.8km (2.6nm)
Click Here for Newer Missions
- EVA time 5 hours, 30 min. All primary objectives and most secondary
objectives were met. Docked maneuvers were canceled due to a
propulsion anomaly during Gemini Agena target vehicle (GATV)
insertion. The GATV was not placed in a 555.6km orbit because its
attitude control gas was depleted by earlier maneuvers.
Click Here more information about Gemini-XII
Return to KSC Home Page Return to Gemini Page
Last Updated Friday August 25 13:03:58 EDT 2000
Jim Dumoulin (Redacted)